St Michael's and All Angels, Leigh
12 Hauraki Road, Leigh
Services : The Leigh Community Church meets every Sunday at 11am (an Anglican service is held on the third Sunday of every month)
As early as 1867, a grant of land was given to Bishop Selwyn for the erection of a church at Leigh. Later Mr Charles Septimus Clark set up a committee and subscription list. However, in 1915 Mrs Henry offered to pay for the church, including stained glass windows in memory of her brother, the Vicar’s father, and the church was dedicated on 29th October 1915 to St Michael and All Angels. About 1950 it was turned to its present position and in 2004 the old school building from Ti Point and later Leigh was added to serve as a hall.
Today the Leigh Church Community meets in St Michael's every Sunday at 11am. The services are led by the congregation and local denominations including Anglican, Methodist, Presbyterian and Baptist. The Anglican service is held on the 3rd Sunday of every month. We also gather together from time to time for events like BBQs and carol services. If you want to get in touch with the Leigh Church Community, please email the Anglican Parish Office for a referral.