Christ Church, Warkworth
43 Percy Street, Warkworth
Services : 9.30am every Sunday, 8am once a month on the 4th Sunday (also midweek at 10am on the first and third Wednesdays of the month)
When John Anderson Brown founded the town in 1853, he set aside land for the “Episcopal Church” and Cemetery but a building committee was not formed until 1865. Finally, on 30th April 1876, the first service was held in Christ Church. The beautiful stained glass window was given by Mrs Henry, aunt and housekeeper of the vicar, Rev'd Ranald MacDonald. In 1979-1981 the building was greatly extended, sensitively retaining the style of the original and symbolising the breadth of God’s love, offering an open-armed welcome to all.
The adjacent parish lounge was moved to the site in 1941, having originally been the Presbyterian church, built in 1862.